Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 5 pots (15 ml each)
Watch out, this coconut and feijoa flavoured lip balm is so yummy that you’ll want to eat it!
ONE: Measure out the coconut oil and beeswax in a small pot. If you want a vegan option, you can use candelilla wax instead. Heat on the stove on medium until the wax has fully melted and it is fully liquid.
TWO: Take the pot of the stove and add the feijoa flavour oil. Make sure that the flavour oil you are using is lip-safe! Not all fragrances are approved for use on lips, even if they are safe for cosmetics! Check with the supplier if you are not sure.
If you like, you can also add a few drops of an oil-based sweetener. The lip balm will not taste like anything without sweetener, however, you are less likely to lick it off your lips if you leave it unsweetened!
THREE: Pour the mixture carefully into your lip balm pots and leave them to cool down and harden completely before putting the lids on. If you put on the lids while balms are still warm, you risk getting condensation on the inside of the lids.
Coconut and Feijoa Lip Balm
- 50 g coconut oil
- 10 g beeswax
- 2 ml lip-safe feijoa flavour oil
- oil-based sweetener (optional)
- 5 lip balm pots (15 ml)
- Measure out the coconut oil and beeswax in a small pot and heat on the stove on medium until fully liquid.
- Take the pot of the stove and add the flavour oil. If you wish, you can add a few drops of sweetener.
- Carefully pour the mixture in container and leave to harden and cool down completely before putting the lids on.