NEW! Christchurch Weekend Workshop
PLEASE NOTE THIS WORKSHOP IS FINISHED!
It’s finally going ahead on Saturday and Sunday 28 & 29 July 2018 in CHRISTCHURCH! I am so excited to offer a soap workshop to you wonderful soap makers on the South Island!
Two full on days with demonstrations, theory and practical sessions covering everything from cold process soap making to advanced swirling techniques. Learn how to make milk soaps, how to add honey to your soap, what (natural) additives you can add to increase lather or hardness of your soaps and learn how to create and formulate your own recipes! Course costs includes all material and equipment and you will have ample opportunity to try out the new techniques you have learned in the practical sessions.
Meet up with other like minded and passionate soap makers and share your soap tips and tricks! This workshop is aimed at soap makers who understand the basic cold process method and want to improve their skills and learn new techniques.
The course takes place on a beautiful private property only 30 minutes from Christchurch, thanks to our wonderful host, Saskia Berkhout-Findley.
- Chemistry of soap making
- Cold process soap making technique
- How to control and manipulate the soaping process
- Formulating your own recipes
- Calculating lye, how to discount and superfat
- Using fragrances and essential oils in soap
- Micas, dyes and natural colourants in soap
- Colouring techniques including swirling, ombre technique and more!
- Adding clays, fresh ingredients and other additives
- Making milk soaps
- Natural soap making
- Troubleshooting and how to avoid and fix problems in soaps
DATES: Sat 28 and Sun 29 July (2 days)
TIMES: 10 am – 4 pm
LOCATION: 2428 S Eyre Rd, Eyrewell Forest
COST: $220 pp (includes all material)
Limited to 8 spaces only! Registration closes 24 June 2018
Once you have registered, you will receive an email from me within the 24 hours.